Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is a public university in Bangladesh, which focuses on the study of engineering and architecture. It was founded in 1912, and this institute is the oldest institution for the study of engineering, architecture and urban planning in Bangladesh. It enrolls approximately 10,000 students.
Every year, around 1030 students get accepted to their undergraduate programs to study engineering, architecture, and urban planning. Of the 10,000 candidates selected to write the undergraduate admission test from an initial application pool of over 10,000 applicants, only about the top 10% are admitted. Around 1000 graduate students are accepted into their Masters and Ph.D. programmes on an annual basis.
The total number of teachers is around 600. With the construction of new academic buildings, an auditorium complex, and halls of residence, the university has continued to expand over the last three decades. BUET has been ranked 159th among the Asian universities in the 2016 edition of QS World University Rankings.
Faculties and Departments
Academic activities are undertaken by eighteen departments under five faculties. Twelve departments offer undergraduate courses. All of the departments aside from the Department of Humanities offer postgraduate courses.
- West wing of the Civil Engineering Building
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Building
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Building
- Entry approach of the Department of Architecture, BUET
- Aerial view of the plinth level of the Architecture building
- Faculty of Architecture and Planning
- Department of Architecture (Arch)
- Department of Urban and Regional Planning (URP)
- Department of Humanities (Hum)
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering (CE)
- Department of Water Resources Engineering (WRE)
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Department of Industrial and Production Engineering (IPE)
- Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME)
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Chemical Engineering (ChE)
- Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering (MME)
- Department of Chemistry (Chem)
- Department of Mathematics (Math)
- Department of Physics (Phys)
- Department of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering (PMRE)
- Department of Glass and Ceramic Engineering (GCE)
At present, there are six institutes in BUET. These institutes offer postgraduate diplomas, masters, and doctoral degrees.
- Institute of Water and Flood Management (IWFM)
- Institute of Appropriate Technology (IAT)
- Institute of Information and Communication Technology (IICT)
- Accident Research Institute (ARI)
- BUET-Japan Institute of Disaster Prevention and Urban Safety (BUET-JIDPUS)
- Institute of Nuclear Power Engineering (INPE)
- Research Centers
- Centre for Energy Studies (CES)
- Centre for Environmental and Resource Management (CERM)
- Biomedical Engineering Centre (BEC)
- Bureau of Research, Testing and Consultation (BRTC)
- International Training Network Centre (ITN)
- Bangladesh Network Office for Urban Safety (BNUS)
- Directorate of Advisory, Extension and Research Services (DAERS)
- Directorate of Students’ Welfare (DSW)
- Directorate of Planning and Development (P&D)
- Directorate of Continuing Education (DCE)
- Journals and Research Bulletins
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering Research and Developments
- Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin
- Bangladesh Journal of Water Resources Research
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Research Bulletin
- Protibesh (Research Journal of Architecture)
BUET central library has an extensive compilation of books, journals, periodicals and monographs of relevant engineering fields. The library has a collection of 1,42,913 items of information materials. Among the materials, 1,25,066 and 17,847 are books and bound periodicals respectively. Besides, 141 titles are in the current subscription list of journals. Every year, 1500 volumes are added to this library.
The main reading room of the central library can accommodate 200 students at a time to provide reading facilities of rare and out-of-print books, and also ready reference and prescribed textbooks. The library offers free internet and a rental library program. Both undergraduate and post-graduate students are eligible to use the internet on the production of their valid ID cards along with the username and password obtainable from IICT. There are also departmental libraries in each of the departments and institutes and hall libraries in each of the residence halls.
BUET Admission Process
BUET Admission Test Circular 2018-2019 for the undergraduate program has announced by BUET authority. Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology admission test process and details procedures are also available in pdf format on the website. All concerned applicants will be able to download it.
BUET Admission Circular 2018-19 can be seen by visiting www.buet.ac.bd. The Admission test circular for four years bachelor engineering programs under academic session 2018-19. Student’s who appeared previous year admission test, are not allowed to apply for BUET admission test 2018-19.
Important Dates and Times Schedule (ESTIMATED)
Online Application Duration: 15 Sept to 24 September
Last Date of Application Fees: 25th Sept at 4.30pm
Application fee: Tk 600/= for Ka group and Tk 700/- for Kha group
Eligible Candidates List Publish Date: 3rd October 2018
Admission Test Date: 22 October 2018
BUET Admission Circular 2018 will be published at www.buet.ac.bd. Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology Admission Circular 2018 and Education Requirement will also be found at this website. As the HSC results have already been published all the necessary information about undergraduate test admission of BUET will be revealed by the authorities.
An applicant can apply for the BUET admission test through online and make their payment through SMS System using “Teletalk Mobile” & online From September to 24 September 2018. BUET admission test exam will be held in October 2018. BUET Admission Test Exam Result Will be Published on November 2018.
Merit List and Waiting List Will published at the same day of the publication of the result. Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, abbreviated as BUET, is one of the most prestigious institutions for higher studies in the country. About 5500 students are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies in engineering, architecture, planning and science in this institution. At present, BUET has sixteen teaching departments under five faculties and it has three institutes.
BUET Admission Requirements
GPA 4.0 in scale of 5 in SSC/equivalent.
Total GPA 24 in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English and Bangla (Physics+ Chemistry+ Math=15 Point English+Bengali=8 Point)
For GCE: Average B grade in at least five subjects (including Physics, Chemistry, Math, English) in O-level and minimum 3 subject For A level Minimum A grade in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
All tribal and foreign certificate holders are eligible to appear in the admission test.
BUET Application Process
Applicants have to apply online for the admission test and pay through mobile SMS.
Signature must be 300 X 80 pixel (width X height) and file size not more than 20 KB.
Photo must be color with 300 X 300 pixel (width X height) and file size not more than 75 KB.
Monochrome, Black & White or Gray-scale and attached photo or any image other than photo will not be accepted.
Fill up Application Care Fully and click Preview Button. Then Check Your Information and Click Confirm. Application Will get 5 Digit Application Serial No. with receipt of Application Form. Now Download Application Form and Pay Application Fee.
How to Pay the Application Fee
Applicants will have to provide Teletalk with the following information: BUET Application Serial he/she belongs to. 1st SMS Go to Teletalk prepaid mobile message option and type the following message:
BUET<space>Application Serial No and send 16222 BUET 56124 Send the SMS to 16222
BUET YES PIN Example: BUET YES 94563122 Send the SMS to 16222 to pay the application fee.
Collection of Money Receipt
If an applicant sends the fee for the application, s/he can download a PDF version of the money receipt by clicking the “Download Money Receipt” link at the website and then print it. All Questions of Each Subject of Module A and Module B Will be of Traditional Type. There will be no MCQ Type Question on Any Subject.
BUET Admission Test Valid Candidates List
The Authority of BUET Published a list of Valid Candidates list. Students Who Can Seat Exam Hall. BUET Admission Valid Candidates list is Available For Download. The Authority Published KA & KHA Unit Valid Candidates List For Seat Exam.Valid Candidates List Has been Publish
BUET Admit Card Download
After declaring the list of eligible applicants for the admission test, an eligible applicant can download the admit card for the Admission Test from the website by clicking the link “Download Admit Card”. S/he must then print this admit card on A4 size offset (80 gsm) white paper and keep it safe. A candidate shall not be allowed to enter into the examination hall without an Admit Card.